Followers

Tuesday, January 31, 2017

DayDream

Time for another challenge over at

Challenge 81
Anything Goes with an optional TWIST .... BE YOU

{create something that speaks from your heart and soul and screams you with the images you use

Welcome back to the IKEsWORLD challenges :)  do pop on over to IKEsWORLD to join in the challenge, it is always so much fun and  Ike produces the most amazing stamps, everything from off the wall to cute and fluffy :) :) :)

Today sees the start of the new IKEsWORLD challenge - AG with optional twist, Be You.  LOL - be me, where do I start, use a bed image as I love to sleep, use a horse image as I am in love with my horse and love being at the stables, use flowers as nature is always close to my heart and I marvel at the colours and textures of flowers . . . . and the list to go on and on.  However, I am really trying this year to make things that have a use as I find many of the items I put together don't really have a use and just sit there.  So my first question was not 'Be Me' but what can I find a home for hahahaha.  Not that difficult, a birthday card for my daughter, next question, what do we have in common as this is also following the twist - Be Me - well we are both Capricorns.  Now I have the outlet for my creation I am a happy bunny.  So how is this card me - well, as mentioned I am a Capricorn and the traits of a Capricorn pretty much sum me up (only putting the nice ones on the card though) :) :) and at this moment in time I do have blue hair!!!  When hubby saw me colouring this his first comment was "Ah you are doing your hair" so yep, the colours are pretty close to what mine is like but mine is longer than the image!!!!


I coloured the image DayDream with Polychromos and then used Pan Pastels for the background.  Next I used a Tim Holtz stencil and airbrushed with Promarkers to get the texture.  A silver birthday sticker was coloured with a black Promarker and added to the card, the rest of the text was written by hand.  For the dark green layers I used backing paper, the top layer was embossed with a Crafter Companion Hessian folder then both layers were sprayed with some gold glitter varnish also from Crafters Companion.

Ingredients:-
  • image - DayDream by IKEsART
  • colouring medium - Polychromos and Pan Pastels
  • from my stash - Tim Holtz stencil, green backing paper, birthday sticker, Crafter Companion gold glitter spray and hessian embossing folder.
I am entering this project into the following challenges:-

3 comments:

  1. This is just amazing - I love your colouring and I wish I had hair that colour. Such a fabulous piece and a great sneaky peek into ' You' :-)
    Thank you for making this for me at IWC.

    Hugz
    IKE xx

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful creation..Love the design and the colours for the hair!!! Beutiful
    Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    HUGS Cicci,
    TTCRD DT
    ciccividpennan {My Blog}
    Through The Craft Room Door

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely creation. Thanks for sharing this on Lemon Shortbread Challenge.
    Alpna-DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi