Followers

Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Lucky Me

Time for another challenge over at

Challenge 58
Lucky Me

Welcome back to the IKEsWORLD challenges :)  do pop on over to IKEsWORLD to join in the challenge, it is always so much fun and  Ike produces the most amazing stamps, everything from off the wall to cute and fluffy :) :) :)

The one thing I love about Ike's challenges is they so often take me out of my comfort zone hahaha and this one was not different.  Lucky Me seems like an easy challenge, I have so much in my life to be lucky for, a wonderful hubby, two fabulous kids who have grown into adults who are secure in themselves, a home etc.  However, with this challenge I got caught up with the 'Irish' theme, not because it is special to me (those who know me know why) and trying to link that to lucky was super hard.  In the end I opted to combine something that I can do so therefore I am lucky and that is to smile and shamrocks as green is certainly the colour of life.

The 'Billboard' digi is part of Ike's Greek Crisis series and I added the text to link into my 'smiling happy' thoughts.  I airbrushed the background of the billboard with Promarkers then coloured the wooded areas also with Promarkers.  Next I took a crayon and wood embossing folder and coloured hard to pick up the lines.  To finish off the billboard I used a yellow button and drew a smily face on it.

The card front and inside are covered with paper which has leaves, I so love this paper :)  Next I used a Tattered Lace die - Oriental Knots to and used several of these to make a textured background.  The shamrocks were designed by me by using 4 hearts welded together in my die cutting software and then cut.  I then coloured them with Promarkers and finished them off with some gold varnish spray and gold Stickles.


and the front of the card when closed

Ingredients:-
  • image - Billboard from the Greek Crisis series by IKEsART
  • colouring medium - Promarkers
  • dies - Tattered Lace die  Oriental Knots
  • from my stash - Stickles, yellow button, shamrock button, 
I am entering this project into the following challenges:-

1 comment:

  1. This is so gorgeous and all those wonderful elements. That leaf paper is super :-) Thank you very much for making this for me at IWC and I am so pleased you have such a lucky life :-D

    Hugz
    IKE xxx

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi