Followers

Sunday, September 6, 2015

Boxer

Hello folks.  We have another challenge at One Stitch At A Time so how about popping over to see all the fabulous creations by the design team.  The prize this month is an awesome digi pack containing several images and a paper pack too - how cool is that.

Challenge 245

Theme 'GRATITUDE' 


I think we often forget how much we should be grateful for, to show gratitude for as so often this world seems to me to be very materialistic.  I am grateful for so much in my life and do my very best to let that be know to those involved, from the tiny things of hubby telling me he loves me (still hahaha) to seeing flowers in all their glory growing wild and knowing they bring so much colour to my life, to my children and grandson and just seeing them grow into responsible and caring individuals, our pets which love us unconditionally, true friendship (not the fickle kind but the sort of friends who walk through life beside you), you get my drift :).

Continuing the jounals I am making for my daughters I have used the image Boxer by Beary Dust for a page in my eldest daughters journal.  She loves boxers and have had a couple for a few years now.  I know she totally loves her babies and is thankful for their companionship and unconditional love and I thought it would be rather nice for the dogs (via me) to make a page to that my daughter for the love she has given them, for being their guardian here on earth :)

To begin I coloured the image with Polychromos and then used Gesso on the double page.  Next I printed my text sections and glued them in place and then coloured over the whole two page area with Spectum Noir Tints.  It was then on to adding some clear texture paste with lots of texture and matching up with the fence on the digi.  A dog paw print stamp came in rather handy to decorate the top section of the page.


 For the bottom of the pages I added some green organza ribbon with gold trim then used a border die of flowers and grass - Tattered Lace Panorama Grass Small.
 Almost finished :) I wanted to add some flowers but most of the dies I have are to bulky for the journal.  The Tattered Lace Chrysanthemum die is perfect, not to much height but lots of busyness so very effective and will lie flat when the journal is closed.  Each flower was finished off with a gem.  To add a bit of bling I sprayed each flower and the top section of the page with Crafters Companion Gold Glitter Spray.  I think my daughter will love this page in her journal when she is eventually given it and I suspect by then her two boxer dogs she has at the moment will have left this earth for their next destination and if they could speak our language they would be saying this themselves :)


Ingredients:-
  • Image - Boxer by Beary Dust
  • Colouring medium - Polychromos, SN Tints
  • Dies - Tattered Lace Chrysanthemum and Panorama Grass Small
  • From my Stash - ribbon, gems, texture paste, glitter spray
I am entering this card into the following challenges:-
Thanks for looking and hope you have a happy crafting day:)

11 comments:

  1. Your daughter is so going to love this Jane! It is absolutely fabulous! The sentiments and embellishment are terrific. Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fab, thanks for joining us at MAWTT, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me again - wearing my DT hat to say thanks for sharing this fabulous creation with us at Crafty Time. Good luck!! Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the texture you've created on these pages and I'm sure your daughter will love it. Thanks for sharing with us at Altered Eclectics.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this is gorgeous, I love the colours and all the textures, great sentiment too.

    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Friends for our "Use a Sentiment" Challenge, good luck and hope to see you back again soon :)

    Tanya xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous creation. I know your daughter will love this journal. Great colors and page layouts. Thanks for joining the Crafting With An Attitude challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful pages...love the textures and colour choice...Your daughter will adore this journal...
    Thank you for joining us in our September challenge over at Altered Eclectics...x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely project, an amazing way of expressing our feelings. Thank you for joining our 'anything goes' challenge at Crafty Catz and please come back on Friday for a brand new theme.
    Hugs,
    Anna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is fantastic - loving it. Thank you for sharing with us over at Altered Eclectics this month and hope to see you again in future challenges.

    Handcrafted by Ellapu
    Mother Hen for Altered Eclectics
    Mother Hen for Eclectic Ellapu
    DT Rhedd's Creative Spirit
    DT The Mirror Crack'd
    DT Anything but a Card

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is adorable!!! Thanks so much for joining us at Crafty Time Challenges this month.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi