Followers

Sunday, April 12, 2015

Fairy 6

Sweet Pea Stamps

Today is my day to showcase and image from Sweet Pea Stamps and I have chosen to work with the beautiful image 'Fairy 6' by Amy Brown which is available from the Sweet Pea Store in rubber.

 Bit of an experimentation day.  A while ago I made some of my own texture paste using talcum powder, white acrylic paint and PVA glue.  It worked OK and I seem to have loads of the stuff. It has been sitting in a sealed container for the last few months and today I thought I would used it again and try it with an embossing folder.  Alas it had dried out a bit so I poured some Mod Podge in and mixed it up - yummy, great texture and nice and sticky.  Oh dear - a bit to sticky for the embossing folder so that idea was scrapped, it looked good until you lifted the top off the folder and then all the pattern vanished and I was left with some wonderful spiky textures but that is not what I wanted lol.
 Time to rethink.  I smoothed out the paste again and this time tried with a rubber stamp.
 Much better and I did have lots of fun too.
While this was drying it was onto the digi which was coloured with Faber Castell Polychromos
Now I have my colour scheme onto the DP, this was a freebie from a magazine but I have no idea which one as I kept the papers and threw the magazine away ages ago.  Fancying a bit of sparkle I used the same rubber stamp and some Enchanted Gold embossing powder.
With the texture paste now dry I airbrushed it with my Promarkers to match the colours used in the digi.
I fussy cut the digi and oops - brain not engaged.  Overhanging the frame the ends of the wings are a single line with a wee spiral.  The only way I could think to get around this was to chop the spiral bits off but I felt that was not being true to the digi.  My final solution was to attach gold wire and when dry, recreate the spirals.
 Here you can see the finished result of the wire on the wings.
I cut the shape I wanted of the texture paste section and finished it off with lots of gold trim and gold organza ribbon with  bow.
 Next was the sentiment, nice and simple as there is enough going on with the card as it is.
The inside of the card was covered with the same DP as used for the front but I did not heat emboss this.  For the writing section I used the Spellbinder die A2 fancy weave - 4.
The final decoration on the front of the card was some rather funky green and blue netting I found down in the local market.  This was held in place with pearls.  Something was missing so I opted to add another gold embellishment using the die Marianne Design Craftables Flower Border Oval to which I added some Mirror Gold embossing powder and picked out some of the shapes with my gold pen.  Some Micro glitter was added to the wings of the digi.  Phew, done :) :) :) 


Ingredients:-
  • Image - Amy Brown's Fairy 6
  • Colouring Medium - Faber Castell Polychromos, Promarkers and O2 shimmer paints. 
  • Dies - Spellbinders Cirlcles and A2 fancy weave - 4, Sizzix Scalloped Circles and Marianne Design Craftables Flower Border Oval
  • From my Stash - Texture paste, ribbon, pearls and the fish net stuff :)
I am entering into the following challenges:-
Thank you for stopping by today and hope you have a happy crafting time ahead of you :) xx

14 comments:

  1. Sounds a lot of work you have put into your card but a lot of fun also. Thank you for explaining all the steps. I love your card it's very beautiful. Thank you so much for playing along at Addicted To Stamps Challenge Blog. Greetings, Veerle DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Mimi! Thanks so much for sharing your gorgeous art with us. We are grateful to have you share, and I thank you for taking the time to link with us. We look forward to having you play along again soon, and to seeing more of your wonderful art.
    Many Blessings,
    Karen
    Really Reasonable Ribbon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome project and such a lot of work you have done. The end result is incredible. Love the netting, great idea. Thanks for sharing it with us at Crafting with an attitude this time. Hope to see you again next month.
    hugs
    Dawn CWAA DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card colours and image Mimi, many thanks for joining in at Allsorts this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great solution for the wings, thanks for sharing your disasters along the way I have loads of those too experimenting :) nice to know I'm not the only one - LOL! The end results looks fab. Thanks for sharing with us at TTCRD this week and good luck
    Andrea x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous card, love the colour combo and all the details especially the added wire to the wings and the funky netting. Thank you for joining us at Digitally Sweet Challenges hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for sharing your technique and step by step process Mimi. I do like the texture you created; it looks amazing. Your card is absolutely gorgeous!! Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this fortnight. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.

    Fondly,
    Asmah
    TTCRD DT
    Qinaahana Arts and Crafts {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow your card is so amazing. I love all the techniques that you used for it and the colors and the fairy are gorgeous. Thank you for sharing it with us on the RRR Challenge this time :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Soooo creative - you go girl; that background is fabulous!
    Thank you for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity! ~Michele, DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love your beautiful project. Great job! Thanks so much for playing along with RRR! Hope to see you again soon!

    Jenn
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the details on how you created this richly textured card. Beautifully created! Thanks for joining us at LOC - good luck and hope to see you again x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautifully made - I enjoyed reading your journey to the finished card.

    Thanks for joining us at Crafting With an Attitude.

    Helen x
    (GDT)

    ReplyDelete
  13. HUGE congrats on winning with this card!! WOO HOO

    Cheers, Holley

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful Color Theme!! Gorgeous Background you have made!! FAB Coloring!! Great Details.!!
    Thank you for joining us at ATSC!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi