Followers

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Sexy Steampunk

Time for another challenge over at

Challenge 26
Colour Challenge


Welcome back to the IKEsWORLD challenges :)  do pop on over to IKEsWORLD to join in the challenge, just remember, you must use and IKEsART image to be eligible for the prize.  Why not pop on over to the store too :), Ike produces the most amazing stamps, everything from off the wall to cute and fluffy :) :) :)
For this weeks challenge I opted for a bag, I do so love making gift bags <g>.  I have used the image Saucy Steampunk available from IKEsART.  To begin with I used a wee bag and some hand made paper which I sprayed with adhesive and covered the bag with.
 Next I printed the digi and coloured with Spectrum Noir pencils.  The metalic part of the clothing was coloured with Metallic Promarkers.  I don't particularly like these Promarkers as they are very thick and hide any of the drawing detail underneath them.  However, this week I read somewhere that you can mix them with water.  Giving this a go and using a paintbrush it did work however the metallic sheen has vanished grrrrrrrr.
 Next I printed my sentiment on orange card.
Time for some die cutting.  I have forgotten yet again to take a pic but I used Tattered Lace Large Flourish with brown card.  I cut three of these and then bisected them for my background. Next I used some copper metal foil and using X-Cut cogs made these :)
 To bring more of the cherry colour into the design I raked out some really old lace my Mum gave me yonks ago which not only being the perfect colour had a lovely scalloped edge. I cut the edges off to frame my sentiment and then used some of what was left to create a mount for the digi.  The rest was cut into two strips and sewn together and later used as part of the ribbon arrangement.
 To the ribbon arrangement I also added a metal charm and a big glass bead to go with the sentiment.  Using a strong adhesive pushed into the hold of the glass bead I was able to attach it easily to a metal bead chain, you can see it through the bead which I think is rather neat.
 Here we have the bow using the lace remnants along with some orange and turquoise organza. The charm and glass bead are there too.
Now for the finished bag, rather like this one and know just who I am going to give it to :)    I do a bit of glass etching and my friend recently had a birthday so this is for her with a couple of glass etched tea lights inside - a nice link again to the sentiment.

Ingredients:-
  • Digi - Saucy Steampunk available from IKEsART.
  • Uncovered bag from HobbyCraft
  • Dies -Tattered Lace Large Flourish and X-Cut Cogs
  • Handmade paper, lace, ribbon, bead and charm from my stash
I am entering this project into the following challenges:-

11 comments:

  1. WoWza !! That is one awesome creation :-D

    Hugz
    IKE xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great altered bag and wonderful color selection! THanks for joining the Craft-Dee BowZ November challenge with your art.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely creation! Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion. Hope to see you again next week. Helena

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous bag! Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous bag! Love the gears, charm, and glass bead! Thanks for joining us at The Corrosive Challenge!
    {hugs}
    Regan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous creation! Love your image and design! Thanks for playing along at Through The Purple Haze Challenge!
    Hugs, DT Dangina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow amazing work.....just beautiful....well done.

    Fiona dT
    TTPH

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous Bag.. Thanks for joining us over at TTPH.

    DT Pam

    ReplyDelete
  9. great bag thank you for joining us at TTPH

    Jacqui DT xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic creation with so many wonderful details.Beautifully coloured image too.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.Hope to see you again next week.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi