Followers

Sunday, October 19, 2014

OSAAT - Genie 1

Hello folks.  We have another challenge at One Stitch At A Time so how about popping over to see all the fabulous creations by the design team.

We have some changes going on with the way we run the challenge, we are now going fortnightly with a prize for the random winner and badge for the Top 3 chosen by the DT.

Challenge #222

Theme 'Anything Goes with a Butterfly

The sponsor is StitchyBear Digital Outlet with a 5 image October prize pack. Remember if you use one of the store items you can enter as many times as you want <g>.

Oh dear, crazy camera battery died as I was making this card so I used my mobile phone to take pics as I was going along.  Now I can't get the images from my phone to my laptop and it does not want to charge either - do you think I am being told something :) :) :) I will do my best to show you sections from the finished card pic as I am going along.

Anyway, this week I worked with the image Genie 1 by Scrappers Delights for our Anything Goes with a Butterfly challenge.

After colouring the image with Promarkers I then printed a large butterfly.  I cut out some of the areas of the wings of the butterfly then airbrushed.  Once all that was done I mounted the butterfly on acetate and cut it out.
For the backing paper of the card I used a butterfly embossing folder then picked out some of the areas which I added Liquid Pearls too.
To pick up the colours of the most beautiful pin I was recently given by one of our lovely teams (CraftyGirl :) :) :) ) I decided to make the used a similar coloured paper for the die leaves and airbrushed the centres of the flowers to match too.  The flowers were made using the Dogwood die by Sizzix, they were finished off with some Liquid Pearls and a pearl bead in the centres.  I also added sprays of pearls to finish off this corner of the card.
 Here is the totally gorgeous pin CraftyGirl sent me which I have placed on a sentiment tag.  The sentiment is a stamp from Just Right and I stamped it in mauve.  Lace was added to the corner for no other reason than I fancied some lace :)
 And here you have the finished card with lots of butterflies.

Ingredients:-

  • Digi - Genie 1 by Scrappers Delight
  • Promarkers
  • Tattered Lace Butterfly embossing folder
  • Dogwood flower die from Sizzix
  • Sentiment stamp - Just Right
  • Pin - from CraftyGirl
  • Glitter, lace and other bits and bobs from my stash

I am entering this card in the following challenges:-
Thanks for looking and hope you have a happy crafting day:)


14 comments:

  1. Flot kort. Det er dog ikke denne udfordring (alt er tilladt ) der er denne gang.
    Denne gang er udfordringen, blomster.
    Så du tæller ikke med i denne udfordring. Du er selvfølgelig velkommen, til at lave et nyt kort : )
    Lonnie DT. hos cardandscrap

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, beautiful and such stunning details, thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments and Divas by Design this week. Jac x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, this is just a beautiful card!! I love all the beautiful embellishments and the way your decorated the Purple Butterfly is just stunning. :D Love, love, love all the glimmer and glitz! And the pin from Craftygirl is just beautiful.
    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments Challenge - Letter G
    Hugs,
    Deborah xxx (teamie from OSAAT)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card and I love the colors. Thanks for sharing with us at Mema's Crafts and good luck in the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice details! Thanks for joining Mema's Crafts October TicTacToe challenge. Princess - DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card Jane and with so much detail! All your embellishments are great - including Crafty Gil's pretty pin. Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's really beautiful, all the detail is fantastic! Thanks so much for sharing and joining us at Divas by Design this week. Hugs, Mirella

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Jane, this card is gorgeous! I love your coloring and all those pretty flowers :) Thanks for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow-----WOW! What a beautiful card! Thanks for joining us over at HIMCR this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card! I love the colors and your coloring and how you added the butterfly. Thanks for playing along with Mema's Crafts.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow . . . just WOW!!! This is AMAZING!!! Thanks for joining us over at HIMCR this week for our "Embossing" challenge. Hope to see you again next week!

    Kathy - HIMCR DT
    UpintheNightwithKat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card and use of embossing. I especially love how you paid attention to details and added the liquid pearls to the embossing, really making it pop!

    Thanks for joining us this week at HIMCR!

    Hiding in My Craft Room
    ~Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a beautiful card, thanks for sharing it with us over at CCC Digi Creations.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous card, lovely colours chosen. Thanks so much for joining us over at Emerald Faeries Challenge Blog, good luck and hope to see you again.
    ~ Denise DT ~
    Emerald Faeries Challenge Blog
    {Denise's Patch of Creativity}
    {Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge}

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi