Followers

Monday, October 20, 2014

Hedgehog

Just a quick post.  I was asked to make a couple of special birthday cards so spend the day in my craft room and having a ball.  This card is for my friends husband for his 50th birthday.  When I asked what theme she would like, you know the sort of thing we all like - a bit of guidance her reply was 'I don't know' hahahahaha in the end she decided on hedgehogs.


I used the digi and paper pack 'Headgehog Digital Stamp and Paper Pack' by Coosty Creations.  To begin with I printed out a couple of the papers from the pack and the digi.

 Next I prepared the sections for my card.
 I covered the sections on the front of the card with the digital papers.
 Next I printed another of the sheets from the pack and used this to cover the back of the card.
 The digi was coloured with Promarkers and Spectrum Noir Blendable Pencils.  I then used Spellbinders Ovals and Scalloped Ovals to create the mounts.
 Colouring mediums used
 A little bit of distressing of the edges of the card sections to finish off.
Finally, to finish off I added a 50. Now I could have cut something out with my die cutter but then remembered I had some funky foam numbers.  Alas no 5 and 0 in the same colour but that was not really as problems.  To tie the colours into the creation I had planned on copper so coloured each of the numbers with Promarker Metallic Copper - worked a treat :)
To give a floating effect and as the person who this card was being made for requested a 50 above the hedge hog I mounted the numbers on acetate.
 And here we go, the finished project.

Ingredients:-

  • Digi and papers -  'Headgehog Digital Stamp and Paper Pack' by Coosty Creations
  • Promarkers
  • Spectrum Noir Blendable Pencils
  • Spellbinders Ovals and Scalloped Ovals
  • Funky Foam numbers and some acetate
I am entering this creation into the following challenges:-

7 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness... love how the coloring of the numbers made such a huge impact on this card. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eine ganz tolle Karte. Der kleine Igel ist total süß. Danke für deine Teilnahme bei den Animal Friends.
    LG Dreja

    ReplyDelete
  3. your Card is wonderful! very nice
    Thank you for your contribution at the Animal Friends.

    xoxo
    Sternenglanz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card & I really like the digi papers you used!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us @ Creative Knockouts & hope to see you back again for our next challenge!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic coloring Mimi. Gorgeous creation! Thank you for playing along with us at DigiStamps4Joy and hope to see you again soon. Have great moments.

    Hugs,
    Asmah
    [DS4J DT Member]
    [Qinaahana Arts And Crafts ~ My Personal Blog]

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab colouring and great creation Thanks for joining us at
    {Digistamps4Joy DT Member}

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi