Followers

Sunday, August 10, 2014

White on White with a hint of Pink

What a lovely evening, sitting in my chair with my laptop and creating some computer wallpaper for the Digitally Sweet challenge <g>.  Yep this entry is 100% digital.  I would much rather be doing things on my laptop than watching television.

I decided to create some new wallpaper, a rather cool project for something 100% digital.  My only issue is the pink - just about my least favourite colour so that is a challenge in itself for me to work with hahahaha.

My wallpaper has been created using Photoshop.

To begin with I found a rose via Google which was labelled as 'Labeled for reuse'.  The image is by Michael Gwyther-Jones and can be found here.  Thank you Michael for the use of you image for my personal use wallpaper.

I placed the image into Photoshop and removed the background as I only want the rose head.  I also flipped the image.
 By working with layers creations are never ending so next I added a new layer and placed it below the rose layer.  I added a texture background and a gradient.
On another new layer I added my text, a quote by Lee Buseaglia.
Something was missing so I added another layer where I used a Photoshop brush by Obsidian Dawn. Once the brush image was placed I added some digital effects:- emboss, texture and shadow.
 And now you see my new wallpaper on my laptop screen.  Although I am not a lover of pink and have never had pink wallpaper near my laptop in the past I think I will leave this one on for a while as I have to admit I am rather pleased with the outcome :) :)  The background is much whiter than the image is showing, don't have the foggiest why my screen capture decide to give it a grey look :(


Challenges entered:-

Digitally Sweet - White on White with a hint of pink (100% digital)

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely beautiful, great use of shadows etc, good idea to make a wallpaper too. Love it. Thank you for joining us at Digitally Sweet!

    PS great tutorial too, might use it myself LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi