Followers

Monday, June 2, 2014

Behold the Lamb

Sweet Pea Stamps

Hello folks, here I am again with another creation for  Sweet Pea Stamps.  Today I am sharing with you my DT creation using the digi Behold the Lamb by Katerina Koukiotis

I am still on my family Christmas card mission and this one is for my Mum :)

I started off by colouring the digi in my Mum's favourite colours, blues and mauves.  Once coloured I fussy cut her (the digi that is, not my Mum hahaha)
 Promarkers used to colour the image
Next I cut some blue stiff paper to form the cascades in my Tri-Fold Cascade card.  I plan to use just blue and gold for the background folds so on one section on each side I used my rolling pin and a snowflake embossing folder.  By doing it this way I can control where the embossing is.
Next I dapped over the top with gold stamping in.
On another section I used gold embossing powder - it look a bit messy here but the end result on the card is what I was after.
I covered the base of the card with the same blue stiff paper that I used for the cascades and then, using adhesive spray overlaid with some semi transparent and gold swirl wrapping a friend gave me which was the wrapping on some flowers she was given.  Yep, my friends are pretty good a passing all their bits of wrapping etc. onto me :)
 I have been playing around using think metal sheets and dies, I love the effect of the metal.  Here I have used gold metal sheet and the Crafty Ann Flourish-5 die.
 Final bit to do before finishing off was the bow.  Using ribbon to match the blues and mauves in the digi colouring and metal wire to hold the bow tight I did not want to waste the ends so wrapped the wire bits around a toothpick to make spirals.
 And here we have the finished card.  I have used gold line stickers around the front edge and a peel off sentiments.  Three gold flowers were also added, they came from another friend who found them attached to a box of chocolates that somebody had brought into work.  A fair bit of recycling going on in this card :) :) :)
Side view
 Front view

Thank you for stopping by :)
Ingredients
  • Digi Behold the Lamb by Katerina Koukiotis available from Sweet Pea Stamps
  • Dies - Crafty Ann Flourish-5 die
  • Promarkers
  • Ribbon, flowers, peel off stickers, material and embossing powder from my stash
Challenges entered

20 comments:

  1. Mimi, your card is absolutely stunning! Your tutorial is wonderful. Thank you so much for sharing your card with the Sparkles Christmas Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card.Love your on the spot embossing - fab idea.Thanks for joining in with us over at Sparkles Christmas.Good luck.Hugs Debs x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous!! Your coloring is stunning and all the bits of things that you recycles are fabulous! Thanks for the idea for the partial embossing! I've never thought of such a thing before. Thanks for playing with CSAYL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful Christmas card, and I'm sure your mum will be delighted to receive it! I love the idea of the rolling pin and embossing folder, might need to give that a shot! Thank you for playing bingo with us this challenge! Love Marie-Clare, Aud Sentiments Design Team x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! This is a breathtaking card! I love that you've included a tutorial with it! I know that your mom will cherish it. Thanks so much for sharing with us at CSAYL.
    Tracey, DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mimi, your card is wonderful! I love the coloring on you image first of all - and then the re-cycled wonders you found that all seem to work perfectly for your design. Kudos to you! Finally I am so delighted that you use your blog to teach about your techniques - very well done and much appreciated! Thank you for sharing your project & wonderful creativity with us!
    ~ginny,
    DT for Aud Sentiments: [#107 "BINGO"]
    RubberMAD (GettyCollection.com)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cascade card is gorgeous. Love the colors and they are perfect with the image and the dies you used. I will have to get some of my metal sheets out. Love that look it gives on your card. Thanks for joining us at the Craft-Dee BowZ challenge this month. Also, starting Wednesday nite 10 pm, Craft-Dee BowZ is having our June Blog Hop. Leave comments on the DT posts to be eligible for the prize. Hope you can join in the fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous with all the gold embossing and die cuts! Ty for playing with Aud Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved your info on embossing with your rolling pin ;) and the gold die cut flourish!!! So glad you could join us with your beautiful card at Craft Dee BowZ! ((hugs)) Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow this is awesome! Really love it! Thank you so much for joining CC&CC. Hugs. Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous. Love what you did with the dies. Thanks for joining us at Lacy Sunshine. Hugs, DT Lene

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh my gosh, what a totally lovely and intricate holiday card! thanks for joining our celebration of "peace" at JINGLE BELLES!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card. Thanks for joining us at A Vintage Journey. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely lovely holiday card ... and I love your controlled embossing tip ... so very glad you joined us at jingle belles.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful work Mimi. A beautiful Christmas card. Love every element. Thanks so much for joining us at Come and Get It and we hope you will join us again soon. Good luck with the Christmas card mission too!! Meighan DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely beautiful Christmas card!

    Thanks for joining us at Digisketch Challenge and I hope we see you again soon!

    Hugz

    Laurian

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh this is just the cutest card ever what a lovely image and the layout is perfect for our challenge over at “ Spsrkles Christms Challenge Favourite colour combo “ good luck and hope to see you again next time Dt Member Sandra H xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, a wonderful card and I am leaving this blog having learnt some new techniques, thank you. So glad you shared it with us at the Hobbybook Designer challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. okay where do I start you have so much going on with this card that I LOVE LOVE LOVE , the embossing with rolling pen , the metal flourish you made , the spiral wire you made..You are very creative and I loved visiting you and keep up the how to's on your blog , You are an inspiration to others and this helps them learn..Great Job !!! Thanks for joining us at Chocolate ,Coffee and Cards for the Embossing challenge . DT - Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great embossing and what an amazing metal flourish. Thanks for joining us at A Vintage Journey. Jennie x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi