Followers

Monday, May 19, 2014

SPS - Serenity

Sweet Pea Stamps

Hello folks, here I am again with another creation for  Sweet Pea Stamps.  This week I am working with the beautiful digi 'Serenity' by Concetta Kilmek

To begin with my first personal challenge was to attach black hair.  I so often get this very wrong by trying to over blend using 5 grey colours plus black.  This time I decided to try something a little different - black, plus ice grey 5, 3, and 1 (Promarkers).  All the colouring was done in the greys and then I used the black with the fine nib to build up the black.
 With that done, time to colour the rest of the digi.
Phew, - eyes need a rest now lol.  OK - better and coffee drunk so back to crafting.  I started on the card base where I plan to use black card, olive green paper and black lace for a rather sexy look hahahaha
 Card put together now for the embellishing. I have mixed together gold and clear embossing powders, I don't want a solid gold but just a sprinkling.  This will be used on the butterfly which I cut with Spellbinders Les Pavilions 2.

Here is the butterfly - black for the base layer and the top layer coloured with olive green Promarker.  Both sections finished off with the gold and clear embossing powder mixture.
 A few more bits and bobs needed, Stickles, peel off sentiment (not sure if I am using gold or colouring a silver one in greens yet), ribbon and of course a tag which I have been making as I go along with the other sections.
 All done.  I finished off the inside of the card with cerise paper cut with Spellbinders Grand Labels 1and a rubber stamped butterfly which I painted with Stickles lol.
 And here we have the finished card :)

Thank you for stopping by :)

Ingredients
  • Digi -  'Serenity' by Concetta Kilmek
  • Promarkers
  • Die - Spellbinders Les Pavilions 2, Grand Scallop Ovals, Spellbinders Grand Labels 1 and Scalloped Circles 
  • Promarkers
  • Stickles
  • Lace, backing paper (wrapping paper), and ribbon from my stash
Challenges entered

9 comments:

  1. Wow, Fabulous card, great design and color, excellent coloring of the black hair. Thank you for joining us at Come And Get It challenge this week. Barb DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really beautiful design! Love your coloring too. Thank you for sharing with us at A Creative Need!
    smiles,Deena

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, the coloring is beautiful, and the embellishments are great. Thanks for joining us this week for our "Punches/Dies." Come back to join us again and good luck.
    Karal QKR Stampede DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, I like the image, Thanks for playing along with us at We Do Doobadoo challenge, Good Luck
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely card! Your variety of supplies used to make it is super! so many nice details too, and your tag is awesome! Thanx so much for playing along with us at CC&CC, and I hope you come back again soon! Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! Thanks for joining us at QKR Stampede! Hugs, Susanne.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab card, thanks for sharing with us at we do doobadoo, hugs Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Mimi. Love how you've used the lace and you've coloured her hair beautifully. Thanks for joining us at TG this week.

    Kat x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just so beautiful! I like the whole card, you did a wonderful job with the tutorial too. Love it!! :D
    Deborah OSAAT DT Sis

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi