Followers

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Wedded Bliss

What an odd day I am having, first a Christmas card in July and now a wedding card just because I felt like make one - not that I know of anybody who is getting married at the moment lol.

For this card I used a Mo Manning digi - Bride and Groom Dancing, such a gorgeous digi don't you agree.  The DP paper used is from Coosty Creations Digital Stamps and Paper Packs called Wedding - the pack has four digi papers which compliment each other beautifully and a digi to go with it.  I added lace at the bottom of the card, somehow a wedding card just needs some lace on it in my opinion.  Next I created the flowers using the die Impression Obsession Layered Floral Set.  For the base of the flowers I used another of the papers from the Coosty Creations Wedding pack, the second layer I used vellum and then I attached both layers together with a brad.  Around the edges of the base layer of the flowers I added silver Stickles and then another Stickles blob on in the centre of each brad.  After colouring the digi I used silver Stickles for the groom's cufflink and button and for the brides head dress.  Opal Liquid Pearls were used for the buttons down the back of the bride's dress, the ribbons and flower trim.  The digi was attached to the card with foam tape and finally I attached the flowers to some sparkly tulle and which was tied at the bottom and a bow added.  This was then attached to the card with glue dots hidden beneath the flowers and bow. Adding the tulle has given this card a lovely dimensional look and I am so pleased with the way it has turned out.


For the inside of the card I used the same Coosty Creations DP paper I had used on the front and then added a couple more layers and the verse 'Best wishes for a day of love and a life of everlasting joy'.
Ingredients:-
  • White Linen card from Craft Creations
  • Digi - Bride and Groom Dancing by Mo Manning
  • Digi Papers - Wedding Digital Papers and Stamp Pack by Coosty Creations
  • Die -  Impression Obsession Layered Floral Set
  • Lace, tulle, Stickles, Liquid Pearls, brads, bow form my stash
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:-

3 comments:

  1. Ahhhh, what a romantic card - made with love for a couple in Love. Bride, lace pearls,flowers (and the groom is not bad either) what more could any girl want on her special day? You've captured it all so well treasure and this card will certainly add to the specialness of a special day. xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card......so pretty. thank you for joining Little Claire in our latest blog challenge. XxGaynor LCDT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi